Saturday 26 April 2014

Aquarium visit

So I've actually been to visit the aquarium here twice, because I did an assignment on someone who works there, but last time was with my mom and aunt who was here for two weeks visiting. Unfortunately I had a lot of school when they were here so the opportunities for exploring and doing things were a bit more limited than when Martin was visiting, but we enjoyed a day at the aquarium and the zoo. I took most of my pictures with my cell phone at the aquarium, so I'll make a post separately about that, and one for the zoo where I actually used my DSLR. 



 It's the aquarium's 110th anniversary this year!




 Upside down shrimp



 Shark!

 This guy!! This guy was one of the cutest fish in the entire place, he's basically just a floating head with kissy lips, but he was soooo hard to get a picture of, I tried for a good ten minutes but no luck. 






 This one was just peeking around the corner at me while I was taking pictures.

 One of the monk seals looking sad because he could see the volunteers but he wasnt getting any fish!

After the zoo we went to eat, and headed to a cozy little place. I got a burger called the Magnum PI burger, with cheese, avocado and bacon, obviously. And a salad, because the giant burger wasn't enough! Just kidding, I couldn't even finish the burger, much less the salad... American food sizes make no sense! 
 Our drinks came with fresh flowers!
This is the burger. Please note that my glass, on the left here, is a large glass. That's how big it is. It's practically the size of my face. 

1 comment:

  1. Ive actually started to get surprised when I get portions I can finish, rather than the other way around haha

    ReplyDelete